* Prep: 20 Min *Bake: 1 Hour *Makes: 8 Servings
Apple crisp is a dish that I have had since I was a little girl. It was my favorite dessert when I was little. It always filled the house with a wonderful smell. I decided to share with you the recipe we used. I have been making this every year for my family for Christmas, and they love it so much. Especially my husband. Hope you enjoy !
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar ( I use pure cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or (arrowroot)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven 350. In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients into a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish or a 9 inch square baking pan. Cover with the apples.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch or (arrowroot). Stir in the water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick, and clear. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with the remaining mixture.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Need an Idea for appetizer ? Here’s another recipe Spinach Dip Recipe
Hope your enjoying the holidays, with your friends, and family.
Happy Holidays Aidensworld21 ✨